Canadian Folk Music Awards Nomination 2009

I think it's pretty great that my kids album provided me with a much needed weekend away from my own kids!

The 2009 Canadian Folk Music Awards Gala was held Nov. 21st in Ottawa and although I didn't win (children's category winner was Chris McKhool for Fiddlefire) I enjoyed the awards show and had a fabulous time hanging out with people like host Sheila Rogers, Valdy, Tannis Slimmon and the Kerplunks.

I wanted to see the parliament building lit up at night but ended up at famulous jam until the wee hours instead. My plans to sleep in and spend a whole day in a bath and reading in my hotel room were thwarted by late check out being sold out and the room only having a shower. I ended up walking around Ottawa all day. As my airport shuttle pulled away from the hotel we passed the parliament building all lit up and then drove by the National Archives. Because of this nomination, there's a copy of BIG BAD BANTAM ROOSTER in there!