Things have been pretty busy lately. My grown-up band Magnolia Buckskin is just getting ready to release our first CD this Friday, May 21st. I'm thrilled how the album sounds - there are five songwriters in this band, all ladies and we do BIG harmonies!

My song "Walk" was one of the finalists in the Calgary Folk Festival Songwriting competition and won a discretionary award for 'best harmonies'. I'll be playing the song at the MS Walk on June 6th and donating $5 from CD sales to MS that day.

As for as the children's music is concerned, my little girls continue to provide excellent ideas for songs so I'm planning another kids album, hopefully in 2011. I've been performing at several birthday parties and even a baby shower last weekend. (I even tried face painting at one of the kids parties, but think it's best if I stick with the music!)

If you're interested in having a Music Birthday Party for your little one, please contact me by e-mail (tashaplatt@yahoo.ca). My friend Melanie is an awesome face painter (who does great music related images) so we could even come together. I do some songs, some games and can even prepare a personalized song for your little one!

Upcoming Shows:

Library Grand Re-Opening in Carstairs, June 17th

Canada Day at Princess Island Park, July 1st around 3pm at the Family Stage